While the benefit of sharing a passion for wine and food with other like-minded people is obvious, there are many other tangible benefits of being a member of the Society.
As a member of the IWFS you can benefit from the following:
- You have the opportunity to attend IWFS events and festivals around the world
- Learn about wines and foods of the world through local and international events in the company of friends who share your passion for wine, food and education.
- Learn about wines and food of the world via our series of Monographs on subjects ranging from Biodynamics to French Cheese.
- Members will receive international and regional news via our quarterly online global newsletter "The Grapevine" plus a copy of your regional quarterly magazine/online newsletter.
- Insider access to wineries and restaurants.
- Have access to the latest assessment of vintages from around the world via our unique vintage cards or App. This information is highly regarded having been sourced from our expert wine consultants around the globe and produced under the guidance of our Wines Committee. The ratings range from 1 to 7 (the best) and also provide guidance as to the drinkability of the vintages shown.
- Access insider travel information from contacts in existing branches.
- Access public liability insurance for the benefit of branches and members worldwide. There are two sets of policies, one of which applies to liability arising out of occurrences taking place in North America and the other applies to occurrences taking place anywhere else in the rest of the world. The objective is that the Society, its branches and members should have the benefit of insurance irrespective of the place of the occurrence, the jurisdiction in which the claim is made and the identity of those against whom proceedings are commenced.
- Access to accommodation at unique venues in London.