In early 1951, there were written records of an organizational meeting that led to the formation of a club in La Jolla called The Gourmet Club. The first dinner was held on June 20, 1951, and the club officially became a part of the International Wine & Food Society of London on August 12, 1952. The La Jolla chapter was then known as the Wine and Food Society. Today, the organization has been in existence for 71 years.
For over seventy years, our members have greatly appreciated the wines in the W&F-LJ Wine Cellar. The cellar has expanded through careful selections recommended by the wine committee, to enjoy the wines and replace them accordingly.