Our network of 32 branches in Europe and Africa maintains a balanced event programme. Branch Events cover many of these stages in the cycle of production and ultimate enjoyment of food and wine:
Growing, Buying, Preparing, Tasting, Sharing, Celebrating
Our goals are to
- visit regional food and, in fortunate countries, wine producers
- increase our understanding of quality methods of production
- encourage local restaurants through our IWFS Awards
- arrange wine tastings and demonstrations of food preparation
- provide mentoring and friendship to newcomers
- enhance the camaraderie between members
In these pages you will see how our region and branches have applied these principles to their own events.
The EAC, through the activities of a number of its members, supports the William Heptinstall Memorial Fund, a registered charity, which sponsors an annual award to help young chefs further their careers through overseas stages.